RSVP now to attend these fabulous workshops in the Essential Communications classroom …
Hiring & Paying Employees
Is it time you considered hiring an employee? Great! …and this workshop is designed just for you. The first half will investigate the need for an employee vs. a contract worker and other options. Mary Norton of Almar HRM Services Ltd. will help you examine your needs and show you the process you need to go through to ensure you get the best people fit for your particular situation. She will help you avoid the pitfalls of hiring an inappropriate employee.
During the second half, Michelle St. Pierre of Work Wise Inc. will provide practical guidance of the process of paying an employee. She will address the various government regulations and the deductions required to be processed and the how’s!
What: Hiring & Paying Employees
When: Wednesday, January 9 from 9:30-12:30
Where: Essential Communications, 101 Dundas St. W., Ste. 201
Requirement: Looking to expand business with contract worker or an employee
Facilitators: Mary Norton and Michelle St. Pierre
Getting Through the Door
Sales success cannot happen unless you can get through the door first! This 3 hour interactive workshop is designed for the entrepreneur looking to increase sales (and who doesn’t want that!) and for those who are frustrated and having difficulty “getting through the door.”
When: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 from 1:30-4:30
What you will learn:
- A three step process to assist in getting through the door.
- How to employ Maslow’s “Hierarchy of Needs” to help you position your offering with more “attractor factor.”
- How to conduct the first few critical minutes when meeting with the prospect.
- The Ask – knowing what kinds of questions to ask to involve the prospect.
- The Tell – how to use of “Emotional Buying Motivators” to convert your company’s features into marketable and meaningful benefits, as seen by your prospects.
- How to deal with the 5 most common client objections using a new perception technique.
- The three biggest words in selling anything – there’s one that can paralyze your sales process!
- Learn from the Problem–Solution roundtable – an opportunity to share issues and successful work-arounds, conducted in an informal coaching format..
By the end of the workshop, new tools will have been added to your sales toolkit to give you additional options to turn more prospects into customers. The session is facilitated by Jamie Crookston, a former salesperson and sales manager in the communications industry.
OSEB Taxation Series
Don’t pay more tax than you are legally required to! Yes, it is tax time again and we can not avoid it much longer. Come to one of our Taxation Sessions, Tuesday, February 12th or Wednesday, February 20th to refresh your memory on how to complete a tax return for your business and some tips on your own personal taxes. Ross Libbey, CA, of Your Bottom Line and a OSEB #6 alumnus will be with us to walk us through the maze and discuss common errors entrepreneurs often make and therefore pay more than we need to. You will learn:
· Eligible Deductions
· How to deal with some of the common trips & traps & commonly missed items
· Treatment of capital purchases such as computers, vehicles etc.
· Income splitting
· Impact of RRSPs and other tax reduction techniques
· Tax credits for entrepreneurs
· How your Home Office can reduce your tax bill
· How driving you car can SAVE you money
And Ross will also leave room for your Questions & Answers, just in case you have something not otherwise covered!
Date: Tuesday, February 12
Time: 9:30-11:30 am
Date: Wednesday, February 20
Time: 7:00-9:00 pm
Where: Essential Communications
101 Dundas Street West
Suite 201, Whitby
Speaker: Ross Libbey
To register for any of these workshops, please call Essential at 905-668-4141 or confirm by email at email@example.com